St Agnes Church and School
St. Agnes had been a Catholic parish established in Detroit in 1913. The church featured both a high school and grade school, eventually only serving grades K-8. By 1989, the parishes of St. Agnes and the neighboring St. Theresa were merged to form the Martyrs of Uganda parish. In 2006, the Archdiocese of Detroit closed and disbanded the parish due to rising maintenance costs.