Lockport Power

12/14/2014 29 images Share: , , Album RSS
View Slideshow
"Lockport Power" was a three-story brick building erected around 1920 as a power and steam generating station for the paper mills and related industries in the Lowertown district of Lockport.

Liberty Plant Maintenance bought it in 2010 and planned to tear the building down and replace it with a small retail development. Demolition plans were stopped in September by the state Labor Department, which demanded an asbestos assessment of the building first. Liberty refused to pay for it, and the project was halted.

Even though EPA wasn't granted access to the property until April 2014, demolition began in July at a cost of $500,000.

No Comments

Add a comment:

*Required fields




Subscribe to comments RSS Feed