Lockport Train Depot
The Romanesque Style Lockport Train Depot was built in 1888. There was great attention to detail, right down to the bricks used. The loading platforms were constructed with a patterned bricks composed of a hatch check grid with circles. This provided safe footing to and from the cars in any weather.
As rail travel declined, the station was shut down in 1957. When historic restoration became popular in the 1970s the station was refurbished and used as a restaurant, successfully for some time. The restaurant burned in 1972, but a final blaze in 1976 gutted the building, leaving only the shell.
Add a comment:
Subscribe to comments