This Neo-Classical Revival building was built in 1931. Designed by Rochester architect and school specialist, Carl Ade, the former High School was described as “the latest type of modern school construction” and featured fire-proof construction with structural steel frame, reinforced concrete floors, and brick exterior walls. Its restrained Neo-Classical design included a handsome columned portico on the façade. This prominent building served as the community’s high school until 1976. There has been only intermittent use of limited sections of the school in the intervening years.
Add a comment:
Subscribe to comments