St David's School
"The Saint David School and Convent are Lombard Romanesque-style, red-brick structures, constructed in the 1920s. The school is a broad-fronted, two-story, flat-roof structure with a symmetrical facade consisting largely of double-decker pairs of windows set into shallow, arch-head recesses. The entranceways toward either end are capped at the roofline with low gable treatments. The former convent in a two-story, hipped-roof structure with a dormered, clay tile roof and main entrance set into an archway trimmed with Romanesque detailing executed in terra cotta. The Saint David School and Convent is significant as a work of the Detroit architectural firm of Donaldson and Meier and as a fine example of Lombard Romanesque architecture in Detroit."
The first part of St David's School opened in 1924 with the 2nd part opening in 1925. In 1927 there were 522 students enrolled in the grade school, and had 38 high schoolers. In 1926, De La Salle high school opened up (for boys) and the St. David's high school reverted to women-only. The same old story that happened elsewhere, happened here as well. "White flight" and changes in the neighborhood caused the parish to close the school and sell the church to another congregation. The school has been abandoned since 1989.